Job Title: Night Shift Fermentation Technician
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Fermentation Engineer
Hours: 9:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Job Description: Newlight Technologies is seeking a Fermentation Technician to cover the night shift. The Fermentation Technician will prepare, operate, and clean fermentation vessels in accordance with the company’s established procedures. This position will be responsible for setting up machinery, cleaning machinery, operating machinery, performing routine analysis, data logging, troubleshooting, and ultimately ensuring that generated material and data meets the company’s established quality standards. This role will also be responsible for training other production technicians on fermentation monitoring techniques. A successful candidate will be a dependable team player, have a strong background in fermentation operations, and be knowledgeable in basic laboratory analysis.
- Follow established processes and procedures to ensure consistency in operations and quality assurance standards, and to ensure that production demands are
- Setup, operate, and monitor microbial fermentation processes from start to finish, assist/coach other operators.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis.
- Set up, operate, maintain, and clean machinery including mixing equipment, pumping systems, separation equipment and laboratory analytical equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Adjust, troubleshoot, and repair equipment as necessary to maintain and meet production requirements (i.e. pumps, valves, piping, etc.).
- Measure and prepare raw materials to be used in production processes and batch materials into production vessels.
- Understand differences between acceptable and unacceptable product and data quality.
- Investigate process nonconformance and identify manufacturing and quality deficiencies.
- Maintain a high degree of attention to equipment and product.
- Maintain accurate production records, machine logs, and data logs.
- Communicate effectively, and in a positive and constructive manner, with other departments/employees.
- 2+ years of experience in fermentation operations.
- Ability to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds, odors, and alarms.
- Demonstrated understanding of company’s fermentation processes after a 1 month training period.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- A sense of urgency, determination, and confidence to support company mission.
- High degree of ethical standard, trustworthiness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent English communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as needed.
- Basic knowledge of piping, tubing and fitting sizes (standard/metric).
- Basic machine maintenance skills: oil & grease machines, ability to change parts, and the ability to use hand tools to repair/calibrate.
- Competitive pay
- Upward mobility
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement plan
- Company-supplied fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks
- 401(k) investment plan
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org